Monday 16 September 2013

Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken ~ Review

Ruin
I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.


I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.

Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.

And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.





Ramblings...

“Maybe it's not in the perfection of life that things make sense, but in the chaos.” 

This book is absolutely amazing...loved it from the moon and back! It's so meaningful, not just any ordinary love story...beyond that, so much more. Two people that unexpectedly cross path and help each other withdraw from their darkest places, bringing more colour and energy into life. Purchasing the book was already a start of a great cause because all sells within the first few weeks went to charity. I already felt..it must have a great story behind and of course i'm quite a fan of this author so that was a bonus. 

The journey ruin took us upon was beautiful one, full of emotions with strong loveable characters. I just couldn't put the book down, I just had to follow every part of their journey and keep crossing my fingers for the ending. I love the characters, Wester the sexy quarterback and son of a millionaire, has it all the charms, the looks and popularity but a deep hidden secret that no-one knows. Trying to live each day as well as counting down the days, his world was cool and charming on the outside but sad and broken in the inside. On the journey of helping other, he comes across a freshman Kristen. 

“For the first time in a year, I wanted to live -- because I wanted to spend every freaking day watching her open her eyes to the world. Hell, I wanted to be the first thing she saw. Sometimes, reality's a bitch.” 


The chemistry between Wester and Kristen is so real and sweet, you just can feel what they feel for each other, how it develops as their journey for proceed. You can't just help slowing fall in love with them, just like they did without truly realising. From the very first meeting to the very ending, its full of laughter, tears, happiness and risk taking. The feeling of loving someone but don't know what the future hold and time was ticking away. Wes thought he was helping Kristen out of her shell but in fact they were helping each other live. 


The story was so powerful, i can all the emotion running through me, laughed and cry with them. I meaning behind the story was no matter what life throws at you there is always something worth living and fighting for. Never be afraid of your fear, stand up and fight it. You are always strong than you believe, will power will become a miracle. 

“Time was the most precious thing in the world to me, and I’d just given her all of it. Because I was falling for her. Because I cared for her. Because I wanted to give her something to remember me by, even if it would eventually fade like its namesake. Time… what an absolute horror-inducing word” 


Timing is everything, can they beat time or will they have forever...



No comments:

Post a Comment